Click on the button below to start your online Abstract Submission
Please note that you should also register for the conference to be able to present. Click on the button below to start your online Registration and Hotel Booking (Optional)
Before you start your submission, please read carefully the notes and specifications below.
10 September 2017:
Online Submission System closes. All received submissions will be sent to reviewers.
24 September 2017:
Submitting Authors will be informed about the status of the abstract (accepted or rejected)
In order to facilitate the Visa Approval process for delegates coming from countries where a visa is required for them to travel to Austria, all abstracts submitted by 10 July 2017 will be reviewed and authors will be informed of the decision by 20 July 2017. Authors of accepted contributions will have sufficient time to successfully complete their visa process.
Abstracts received after the final deadline will not be considered. The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster, or oral presentation. Therefore, registration and payment for the conference are prerequisites for presenting authors.
Excellence in Pediatrics Conference Abstracts Book
All accepted contributions for the 9th Excellence in Pediatrics Conference will be included in the printed publications of the EIP 2017 Final Conference Program.
The abstract book (including all accepted abstracts) will be published by Cogent Medicine and made available on the Cogent Medicine website as well as on the EIP Conference website and EIP Institute websites. In addition, all abstracts will be uploaded and available through the Institute’s online library.
Cogent Medicine is a multidisciplinary open access journal, publishing experimental, translational & clinical approaches in all areas of the biomedical sciences and clinical research and practice. The journal is the official publishing partner of EIP, and last year’s abstract book can be found here.
- All contributions should be submitted through the online system
- Abstracts submitted after 10 September 2017 will not be accepted.
- An author may present a maximum of one (1) paper as aposter presentation and one (1) paper as an oral presentation, however anyone may be listed as co-author on multiple papers.
- The submitting author will receive a confirmation via email upon completion of abstract submission. In the event that you do not receive such confirmation, please contact email@example.com.
- Abstracts previously published (in local or international journals) or presented at international meetings and/or conferences, will not be accepted.
- Please follow the instructions carefully, as incomplete submissions will not be reviewed.
- Abstracts will be published exactly as they are uploaded in the relevant abstract field of the online system and not based on any submitted attachments in doc or PDF format which are only serving as guides for the final formatting of the contribution.
- Instructions for preparation of posters and oral presentations will be sent together with the acceptance notification.
Abstracts may be in one of the following categories:
- Research studies
- Case reports
- Educational programs
Abstract Thematic Categories
Abstracts should be submitted under the following categories of which you can choose more than one:
- General Pediatrics
- Infectious Diseases
- Rare Diseases
- Nutrition & Diets
- Gastroenterology & Metabolism
- Endocrinology & Growth
- Allergy, Immunology & Pulmonology
- Psychiatry & Neurodevelopmental Pediatrics
- Emergency, Injuries & Trauma
- Preterm Infant
- Infant Development
- Adolescent Mental Health
- Adolescent Health Communication
- Adolescent Wellbeing
- Physical Activity & Obesity
- Health Policy & Health Economics
Given that the accepted abstracts will be published exactly in the form they are submitted, authors are kindly requested to adhere to the following guidelines:
- Language: English
- Abstract text word limit: 400 words
- Line spacing of the text: Single
- Abstract title typed in lowercase letters
The abstract should be divided into the following subsections, the subtitles should be typed in lowercase:
- Materials and Methods
If the contribution is a Case Report then the abstract should include the following sections:
- Case Report
The text may include standard abbreviations, tables, diagrams and photographs; as long as they stay within the page margins and that the total amount of words does not exceed the above mentioned limit (400 words). Please mark in your abstract’s text where a table, a diagram or a photo should be inserted and upload them as attachments in one of the system’s accepted formats (doc or pdf).
The 400 words limit does not include the abstract title and the names and/or affiliations of authors. Details of authors should not be added in the abstract field but in the available fields for authors’ details. Please make sure to tick the box for the presenting author.
Bear in mind that the Review Committee will evaluate all submitted abstracts and decide on the form of presentation (oral or poster) based on the preference stated in the system by the submitting author. If an author wishes his contribution to be reviewed for either options (poster or oral), he should ask for it through the authors comment field. The review committee will have the final decision on which topic category the contribution will be presented taking into consideration the categories chosen by the author.