Pediatric Dermatologist, Franciscus Gasthuis & Vlietland , Rotterdam, THE NETHERLANDS
Flora B. de Waard-van der Spek MD, PhD graduated with honors for the study of Medicine at the Erasmus University in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. She specialized in Dermatology and Venereology at the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Until 2013 she was Staff member at the Department of Dermatology and Consultant in Pediatric Dermatology, Erasmus Medical University Center, Rotterdam, the Netherlands.
She was also Teaching Coordinator, and responsible for Dermatology in the curriculum of the Faculty of Medicine of Erasmus University in Rotterdam. In 1998 she defended her thesis. She got a qualification in education, and she followed the program Educational Leadership at the Center of Excellence in University Teaching, Utrecht, The Netherlands. Since 2013 she practices as Staff member and consultant in Pediatric Dermatology at the Department of Dermatology in Franciscus Gasthuis & Vlietland, Rotterdam / Schiedam, the Netherlands. She is the president of an annual symposium Pediatric Dermatology in The Netherlands.
A selection of Memberships of scientific committees or boards of professional societies:
- Board member of the European Society for Pediatric Dermatology (ESPD).
- Member of the EAACI (European Academy of Allergology and Clinical Immunology).
- President of the EAACI Task Force Allergic Contact Dermatitis in Children.
- President of the Dutch Society for Pediatric Dermatology.
- President of the ESPD Summer School ‘Children’s Skin and Allergy’, June 2013, Rotterdam, The Netherlands
- Member of the International Society of Dermatology.
- Member of several Dutch Societies in Dermatology, Allergology and Education.
Her specific interests involve Pediatric Dermatology and Allergology, and she published many scientific papers. She has been and is invited speaker in several national, European and world congresses and training courses.