New research is critical for improving standards of pediatric, neonatal and adolescent medicine. Abstracts accepted as oral presentations are included in each specialty program track to maximise interaction with the audience and the specialty experts. EIP encourage you to submit oral and poster presentations for the 11th edition of the Conference.
Please note that the presenter of an abstract should also register for the conference. The submitting author therefore should register both to the EIP Abstract Management Platform and the EIP Registration System.
Accepted Abstracts will be included in the printed Conference Program and Abstract Book and will be published by Cogent Medicine online as the final, definitive and citable version of the book of abstracts.
Cogent Medicine is a multidisciplinary open access journal, publishing experimental, translational & clinical approaches in all areas of the biomedical sciences and clinical research and practice. The journal is the official publishing partner of EIP.
|First Call Registration Period Discounted Fee Ends||15 Mar 2019|
|Early Review Abstract Submission Deadline||15 Jun 2019|
|Authors informed on Early Review Results||25 Jun 2019|
|Final Abstract Submission Deadline||06 Sep 2019|
|Authors informed on Review Results of Abstracts||14 Sep 2019|
|Abstract presentations allocated in sessions||15 Oct 2019|
|Deadline for authors changes for inclusion in Abstract Book||20 Oct 2019|
In order to facilitate authors coming from countries where a visa is required for them to travel to Copenhagen, they can request early review of their abstracts submitted by 15 June 2019 and will be informed of the decision by 25 June 2019. Authors of accepted contributions will have sufficient time to successfully complete their visa process.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR YOUR SUBMISSION
The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster, or oral presentation. Therefore, registration and payment for the conference must take place in order for the abstract review to take place.
- All contributions should be submitted through the online system. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Abstracts submitted after 6 September 2019 will not be accepted.
- An author may present a maximum of one (1) paper as a poster presentation and one (1) paper as an oral presentation, however anyone may be listed as co-author on multiple papers.
- The Review Committee will evaluate all submitted abstracts and decide on the form of presentation (oral or poster) based on the preference stated in the system by the submitting author. If an author wishes his contribution to be reviewed for either option (poster or oral), this should be requested through the authors comment field. The review committee will have the final decision on which topic category the contribution will be presented taking into consideration the categories chosen by the author.
- The system allows you to pause your online submission at any time to continue at a later date and your data will be saved. You can also edit or modify your abstract after final submission, but only up until 20 October 2019. After the deadline no further corrections or changes to the abstract title or the co-authors can be made.
- Only abstracts that meet our abstract submission guidelines can be accepted for the meeting.
- Formerly published abstracts, either locally or internationally, or which have already been presented at international meetings and/or conferences, cannot be accepted.
- Abstracts will be published exactly as they are uploaded in the relevant abstract field of the online system and not based on any submitted attachments in doc or PDF format.
After the submission
- After successful submission of your abstract you will receive an automatic confirmation by email. If you do not then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, having first checked your spam folder.
The Review Committee will then review the abstracts based on their relevance to the Conference. The innovativeness of the content, scientific value to the community, objectivity and results obtained will all be judged, along with the level of English.
- The Early Submission reviews will take place from June 15, 2019 onwards. Notice of acceptance/refusal will be sent via email through the on-line system to the email address of the abstract submitter provided during the online submission.
General rules on scientific abstract presentations at Excellence in Pediatrics meetings
All presentations, be they in abstract or poster format should however adhere to certain internationally known basic criteria. The presentations are for scientific purposes only and are not to be used for any commercial gain or purpose. To this end, if you have received any form of honoraria or financial support from a commercial company relating to the preparation of your abstract this should be disclosed. We ask that brand names of commercial products be avoided unless they are essential both to the content and to the scientific findings of the presentation. Whilst the name of Companies associated with the research should be divulged there should be no use of commercial logos.
Conflict of interest disclosure: Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated during the on-line abstract submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com