Publication of Accepted Contributions
EIP were delighted that over 160 accepted abstracts, 70 poster displays and 12 hours of new science and research in oral presentations sections were included in the printed conference and abstract book. As well as being included in this onsite brochure, all accepted abstracts have been published by Cogent Medicine online as the final, definitive and citable version of the book of abstracts.
Cogent Medicine is a multidisciplinary open access journal, publishing experimental, translational & clinical approaches in all areas of the biomedical sciences and clinical research and practice. The journal is the official publishing partner of EIP.
- 01 February 2018: Online Submission System opens.
- 30 June 2018: Early Submission Review.
- 10 September 2018: Online Submission System closes. All received submissions will be sent to reviewers.
- 24 September 2018: Submitting Authors will be informed about the status of the abstract (accepted or rejected)
- 01 October 2018: Review results
In order to facilitate the Visa Approval process for delegates coming from countries where a visa is required for them to travel to Prague, they can request their abstracts submitted by 10 July 2018 to be reviewed and authors will be informed of the decision by 20 July 2018. Authors of accepted contributions will have sufficient time to successfully complete their visa process.
The submission of your abstract
The presenting author is expected to attend the conference and present the poster, or oral presentation. Therefore, registration and payment for the conference must take place in order for the abstract review to take place.
- All contributions should be submitted through the online system. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
- Abstracts submitted after 10 September 2018 will not be accepted.
- An author may present a maximum of one (1) paper as a poster presentation and one (1) paper as an oral presentation, however anyone may be listed as co-author on multiple papers.
- The Review Committee will evaluate all submitted abstracts and decide on the form of presentation (oral or poster) based on the preference stated in the system by the submitting author. If an author wishes his contribution to be reviewed for either option (poster or oral), this should be requested through the authors comment field. The review committee will have the final decision on which topic category the contribution will be presented taking into consideration the categories chosen by the author.
- The system allows you to pause your online submission at any time to continue at a later date and your data will be saved. You can also edit or modify your abstract after final submission, but only up until the submission deadline. After the deadline (10 September 2018) no further corrections or changes to the abstract title or the co-authors can be made.
- Only abstracts that meet our abstract submission guidelines can be accepted for the meeting.
- Formerly published abstracts, either locally or internationally, or which have already been presented at international meetings and/or conferences, cannot be accepted.
- Abstracts will be published exactly as they are uploaded in the relevant abstract field of the online system and not based on any submitted attachments in doc or PDF format.
After the submission
- After successful submission of your abstract you will receive an automatic confirmation by email. If you do not then please contact email@example.com.
The Review Committee will then review the abstracts based on their relevance to the Conference. The innovativeness of the content, scientific value to the community, objectivity and results obtained will all be judged, along with the level of English.
- The Early Submission reviews will take place from June 30, 2018 onwards. Notice of acceptance/refusal will be sent via email through the on-line system to the email address of the abstract submitter provided during the online submission.
General rules on scientific abstract presentations at Excellence in Pediatrics meetings
All presentations, be they in abstract or poster format should however adhere to certain internationally known basic criteria. The presentations are for scientific purposes only and are not to be used for any commercial gain or purpose. To this end, if you have received any form of honoraria or financial support from a commercial company relating to the preparation of your abstract this should be disclosed. We ask that brand names of commercial products be avoided unless they are essential both to the content and to the scientific findings of the presentation. Whilst the name of Companies associated with the research should be divulged there should be no use of commercial logos.
Conflict of interest disclosure: Any conflict of interest must be clearly stated during the on-line abstract submission.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org