Rules of Submission
- You should submit all contributions through the online system. Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted.
- Contributions approved for Oral Presentation will be presented in one of the Oral Presentation Sessions of the program. The abstracts will be included in the abstracts library of the EIP 2023 Attendee Hub and the EIP 2023 Book of Abstracts published by Cogent Public Health.
- Contributions approved for Poster Presentation will be presented in one of the Poster Theatre Sessions of the program, and the posters will be published in the ePoster library. The abstracts will be included in the abstracts library of the EIP 2023 Attendee Hub and the EIP 2022 Book of Abstracts published by Cogent Public Health.
Presenting authors of abstracts must be registered and paid participants. Registration and payment for the conference must immediately occur after the author is informed that the contribution is accepted for presentation. If registration is not made after the author is notified, we will remove the abstract from the system.
- When submitting an abstract, you agree to surrender the abstract copyright for inclusion in the Book of Abstracts.
- Abstracts will be published as uploaded in the online system's relevant abstract field and not based on any submitted attachments in doc or PDF format.
- All abstracts must be submitted and presented in clear English with accurate grammar and spelling of a quality suitable for publication. Please use the various online tools to check your abstract's grammar and spelling or ask for the help of a native English speaker colleague.
- Abstracts stating "data will be discussed in the presentation" will NOT be accepted.
Abstract submitters must disclose any conflict of interest in the submission form. The presentations are for scientific purposes and should not be used for commercial gain or purpose. To this end, if you have received financial support from a commercial company to prepare your abstract, this should be disclosed. We ask that the brand names of commercial products be avoided unless they are essential to the content and the presentation's scientific findings.
Please add all required details for all authors (name, email, affiliation). We won't accept contributions that include authors without their email addresses. Make sure that you tick the box for the presenting author. An abstract might have more than one presenter, but each presenter must be a registered delegate for the conference.
The abstract text length limit is 400 words, not including the abstract title and author's names or affiliations. You should not add details of authors in the abstract field.
- Tables and Images: You can add one table/figure per abstract. Please mark in your abstract's text where a table, a diagram or a photo should be inserted and upload them as attachments in one of the system's accepted formats (doc, pdf, jpeg, png). Images/tables may be resized to fit in the final material.
Click on the SUBMIT button at the end of the process to submit your abstract. You will receive an abstract ID number via email after you have submitted your abstract. Please refer to this abstract number in all correspondence regarding the abstract. Please get in touch with us if you have not received confirmation that your abstract has been submitted, having first checked your spam folder.
- Please do not submit multiple copies of the same abstract.
Abstract Type and Structure
As soon as you enter the system, you will be asked to choose whether you wish to present it as an ORAL or POSTER presentation.
When preparing your abstract, follow the structure below depending on which type describes your abstract's nature irrespectively, whether presented as an Oral or Poster presentation.
► Clinical Audit, Prospective Survey, Clinical Study
Required information: (1) Background, (2) Methods, (3) Results, (4) Conclusions. Accepted submissions of this type will be included as a 10 min presentation in one of the moderated Oral Presentations Sessions of the Program (based on the selected topic/specialty)
► Literature Review or Guideline Review
Required information: (1) Background and Objective, (2) Methods, (3) Learning Points Discussion. Accepted submissions of this type will be included as a 10 min presentation in one of the moderated Oral Presentations Sessions of the Program (based on the selected topic/specialty)
▶︎ Case Report or Case Series
Description of one or more cases providing useful learnings for clinicians. Required information: (1) Background, (2) Case Presentation Summary, (3) Learning Points Discussion.
Abstract Topic Selection
Please choose one or more of the below topics for your submission. The Topic will affect the inclusion of the abstract in the relative specialty conference tracks.
- ADOLESCENT MEDICINE
- ALLERGY, IMMUNOLOGY & RESPIRATORY
- EMERGENCY PEDIATRICS
- GENERAL PEDIATRICS
- HAEMATOLOGY / ONCOLOGY
- HEALTH ECONOMICS & MANAGEMENT
- INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- NUTRITION & DIETS
- PUBLIC HEALTH
- RARE DISEASES
Need Help? Visit The Frequently Asked Questions Page